Trinidad and Tobago Insurance Limited (‘TATIL’) and TATIL Life Assurance Limited (‘TATIL Life’) both with their registered offices situate at TATIL Building, 11A Maraval Road, Port of Spain, Trinidad, are affiliated companies which are registered under the laws of Trinidad and Tobago. TATIL and TATIL Life, together with ANSA Merchant Bank Limited and Ansa Bank Limited both registered and operating in Trinidad & Tobago and Consolidated Finance and Trident Insurance Company Limited both registered and operating in Barbados, collectively form part of the Financial Services Sector of the ANSA McAL Group of Companies (hereinafter collectively referred to as the ‘ANSA Financial Services Companies’)
This privacy statement (the ‘Privacy Statement’) details the terms and conditions on which TATIL and TATIL Life collect, use and share the information that is obtained about customers (the ‘Customer’) in the course of doing business.
TATIL and TATIL LIFE, as well as every separate entity within the ANSA Financial Services Companies, values all business received and respects the privacy of Customers’ information provided in the course of business. Each Company works hard to protect Customers’ personal information and will as far as possible, not disclose Customers’ information to any third person (including other affiliated companies within the Ansa Financial Services Companies group or other companies within the ANSA McAL Group), except where the Customer has expressly given their permission to do so, or where TATIL and TATIL Life are constrained to disclose same under compulsion of law, or where such information is otherwise deemed to be information in the public domain.
The Privacy Statement:
- Explains how TATIL and TATIL LIFE collect, use and share the information that is obtained about the Customer in the course of doing business;
- Describes the choices available to the Customer regarding the use of, access to and updating and correcting the Customer’s personal information.
- Our Privacy Assurance
- We confirm that TATIL and TATIL LIFE:
- Will not sell the Customer’s personal information to anyone.
- Will not share the Customer’s information with each other or any other affiliate company or with any other entity or third person outside of the ANSA McAL Group save with the Customer’s express written consent to such sharing.
- Requires persons or organisations that represent TATIL and TATIL Life in servicing your policy and claims to keep the Customer’s information confidential.
- Requires our employees to protect the Customer’s personal information and keep it confidential.
- We confirm that TATIL and TATIL LIFE:
- In addition to the privacy protection practices described above, TATIL and TATIL Life use a variety of physical, technical and administrative security measures that help to safeguard the Customer’s personal information. For the Customer’s date of birth, payment information, and other sensitive personal information, this includes restricting the access of employees, agents and other persons to such information only for the purposes of providing the Customer with products and services; handling the Customer’s claims and/or complying with the law.
- While TATIL and TATIL Life collect payment information from the Customer for the purpose of individual transactions, such information shall only be used for the relevant transaction in respect of which it was provided and immediately thereafter shall be deleted.
- TATIL and TATIL Life’s privacy protection practices continue to apply to the Customer’s personal information even if he/she ceases to be a customer.
- Customer’s Obligations
- The Customer agrees to at all times provide TATIL and TATIL Life with complete, accurate and truthful information.
- If any personal information changes or becomes inaccurate or out of date, the Customer shall immediately advise TATIL and TATIL Life of any such occurrence, so its records can be updated.
- TATIL and TATIL Life reserve the right to refuse to enter into or continue any relationships or conduct transactions with the Customer for legal reasons, or if the Customer insists on anonymity or provides false, inconsistent or conflicting information where the inconsistency or conflict cannot be resolved after reasonable inquiry by the Company.
- If the Customer needs to update his/her personal information, delete inaccuracies, or modify his/her profile information, the Customer may do so by:
- Completing a Know Your Customer (KYC) form and submitting this along with any requisite supporting documents to any of TATIL and TATIL Life’s offices as applicable; or
- Submitting the completed KYC form and supporting documents via email.
- Personal Information Stored; Source(s) and Uses
- Personal Information Collected
TATIL and TATIL Life collect personal information from the Customer and from outside sources including but not limited to:
- the Customer’s name;
- phone number(s);
- home and e-mail addresses;
- driver’s license and other identification number(s);
- date and place of birth, marital status;
- family member information;
- occupation / type of business;
- payment information;
- source of funds;
- policy coverage, premiums, and payment history;
- healthcare information;
- tax information and resident status; and
- political status.
- Third-Party Information
TATIL and TATIL Life may also collect and maintain appropriate records of third-party information from the Customer to provide the relevant products, perform the necessary services and/or carry out requests, for example, adding another driver to an existing account or insurance policy. If the Customer provides us personal information about a third-party, or if a third-party provides TATIL and TATIL Life with the Customer’s information, TATIL and TATIL Life will only use that information for the specific purposes listed at Clause 3.4.
- TATIL and TATIL Life also use the services of certain business partners to assist with monitoring information including, but not limited to, IP addresses, domain names and browser data, which can help TATIL and TATIL Life to better understand how visitors use our websites.
In the course of normal business activities, TATIL and TATIL Life collect from the Customer and from outside sources, and uses, verifies, stores and maintains appropriate records of such information. TATIL and TATIL Life may also share and exchange the Customer’s personal information with persons within and outside of their organisations for purposes, which include but are not limited to:
- Confirming the Customer’s identity;
- Understanding the Customer’s requirements and needs, ensuring the Customer is eligible to access the Company’s services and to ensure its products and services meet the Customer’s requirements;
- Providing the product or perform the services requested by the Customer including but not limited to-
- fulfilling a transaction that the Customer requested;
- administering the Customer’s account; servicing the Customer’s insurance policy; investigating and adjudicating the Customer’s claim or providing other services requested;
- responding to the Customer’s service-related requests;
- Marketing and cross-selling the products and services of the ANSA Financial Services Companies to the Customer with the Customer’s express consent, for example, by sending the Customer an e-mail or regular mail promotional communications about products, features, and options that we believe may be of interest to the Customer, newsletters and other service related correspondence;
- Preventing or detecting fraud or criminal activity or settling any actual or potential loss in connection with fraud or criminal activity;
- Complying with requests from regulatory and law enforcement authorities including where TATIL and TATIL Life are required –
- to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, when TATIL and TATIL Life believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect their rights, protect the Customer’s safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- Participating in support organisations, which engage in the practice of assembling or collecting information about persons for the primary purpose of providing information to a financial institution for transactions, such as consumer reports for use in connection with a transaction and for the purpose of detecting or preventing fraud, material misrepresentation or material nondisclosure.
- Persons with whom TATIL and TATIL Life can share Personal Information. The persons or organisations with whom TATIL and TATIL Life may share the Customer’s personal information may include, but are not limited to: The Customer’s agent, broker or any other ANSA Financial Services Companies where the consent has been obtained for the sharing within other ANSA Financial Services Companies; Companies that perform services for the Company, such as marketing, credit/debit card processing, and communication services on its behalf; Business partners that assist the Company in tracking how visitors use TATIL and TATIL Life’s websites; Other financial institutions and service-providers involved in a transaction with the Customer; Other insurance companies involved in an insurance transaction with the Customer, independent claims adjusters, recommended claims-related service-providers and vendors; Business(es) that conduct research studies; Regulatory and law enforcement authorities; law enforcement representatives and private investigators and Persons who lawfully are entitled to the information pursuant to a subpoena or other legal process.
- TATIL and TATIL Life may not directly provide all the services related to products and/or services ultimately provided to the Customer. The Company may utilise third-party service providers to process or handle information on its behalf and to assist with various services such as data processing, administration, marketing, providing customer support or performing statistical analysis of its services. Without prejudice to the generality of Clause 3.5.1(b) above, the Customer acknowledges that TATIL and TATIL Life may release information about him/her to such third-party service providers and fully authorises such disclosure. TATIL and TATIL Life will only share the Customer’s personal information with such third parties for the purposes detailed and will require the service providers to protect the information so received in a manner that is consistent with this Privacy Statement.
- The Customer hereby expressly authorises TATIL and TATIL Life to give the Customer’s personal and other information to any of the persons or organisations stipulated in Clause 3.5 whom the Company contacts in this regard to provide such information to it.
- The sharing by TATIL and TATIL Life of the Customer’s personal information, as contemplated by this Clause 3, will at all times be done as required and permitted by law.
- The Internet and Information Security
- The Company’s Website
- TATIL and TATIL Life’s website www.tatil.co.tt provides information about it, its products, and its representatives. You may also perform certain transactions on the website.
- The Company’s Website
- This Privacy Statement applies to all users of TATIL and TATIL Life’s website, regardless of whether the user is a Customer.. All users are required to agree to the terms of this Privacy Statement and to the collection and use of information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
- The website gathers certain information automatically and stores it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP) data, referring/exit pages, operating system data, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data.
- Cookies and other similar tracking services enable the website to label the Customer as a particular user but it does not identify the Customer by name or address unless he/she has provided us with such information (over the Internet or otherwise) or set up the preferences in the website browser to do so automatically.
- Cookies allow TATIL and TATIL Life to provide the Customer with a more customised service and are used to track and measure website usage. This information may be used to manage and customise its website’s content, layout, and services in order to improve the website, enhance customer service and provide tailored messages.
- The Customer may opt out of accepting cookies by changing the settings on his/her website browser. However, by rejecting cookies the Customer may be prevented from using certain functions and may have to repeatedly enter information to take advantage of services or promotions.
- TATIL and TATIL Life believes that each of the websites to which it targets its advertisements or from which it collects data should post on its website a privacy statement that fully describes the advertising and data collection activities. However, TATIL and TATIL Life cannot guarantee that those websites will post such a privacy statement and assumes no liability in respect of the advertising and data collection activities on such third-party websites.
Where the Customer no longer wishes to receive from TATIL and TATIL Life or any of the ANSA Financial Services Companies, promotional or other e-mails or other communication not related to their specific transactions or business conducted with TATIL and TATIL Life, the Customer may opt-out of receiving such communications by following the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of each communication or by contacting us at the following address: [email protected]
- Security Procedures
- Security Procedures to Guard Against Information Loss, Misuse or Theft
- TATIL and TATIL LIFE uses security software to encrypt the information before and during its transmission over the Internet to help ensure the security of the Customer’s personal and financial information that he/she submits to TATIL and TATIL Life’s website, (other than via an e-mail message).
- TATIL and TATIL Life only allow information to be submitted for transmission if the Customer’s browser is compatible with their security software. If the Customer’s browser is not compatible, he/she will receive a message indicating the transaction can be completed but at a lower level of security. However, in either case, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is one hundred percent (100%) secure. Therefore, TATIL and TATIL Life cannot guarantee the security of nor shall it be responsible for the confidentiality of any information sent by the Customer to them over the Internet.
- Use of E-mail TATIL and TATIL LIFE’s security software does not encrypt e-mail messages. The Customer acknowledges that e-mail messages traveling through the Internet are subject to viewing, alteration, and copying by potentially anyone on the Internet and e-mail messages are not secure.
- The Customer shall exercise discretion with respect to the submission of any personal or financial information via e-mail. If the Customer is concerned about the security of his/her communication, the Customer has the option of sending his/her correspondence through the postal service or using the telephone to speak directly to a representative of TATIL and TATIL Life. TATIL and TATIL Life shall not be responsible for the security or confidentiality of any communications sent by the Customer to them over the Internet using e-mail messages.
- Steps the Customer can take to Help Maintain the Security of Information
The Customer can take certain steps to maintain the security of his/her information including but not limited to the following:
- Utilising the latest, updated version of their web browser;
- Keeping his/her user identification (User ID) and personal identification number (PIN) or password confidential;
- Utilising a unique PIN or password and, if possible, change it frequently;
- Ensuring that others are not watching the entry of the User ID, PIN or password on the keyboard;
- Not providing any confidential information (including User IDs, passwords, Account/Policy information, PINs) to persons via phone, e-mail or mobile messages;
- Not leaving the computer unattended while logged onto the TATIL and TATIL Life’s website; and
- After finishing accessing information, exit or close the browser window.
- Customers wishing to query any aspect of this policy are invited to contact us via email at [email protected]. If the Customer has a concern with any of the terms or policies described in this Privacy Statement, he/she should discontinue use of the website until such time as that concern has been resolved.
If at any time any one or more of the provisions of this Privacy Statement is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect under any law or regulation, or is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the validity, legality or unenforceability of the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect and shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby.
- Governing Law
This Privacy Statement shall be governed by the laws of Trinidad and Tobago. Each of the Parties hereto irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Trinidad and Tobago in respect of any claim, dispute or difference arising out of or in connection with this Privacy Statement or the interpretation thereof.
- I hereby acknowledge and confirm that I have read the above terms and conditions and agree TATIL and TATIL Life’s practices and procedures as detailed in this Privacy Statement.
- I hereby authorise TATIL and TATIL Life to disclose my personal and other information to each other and any ANSA Financial Services Companies and the ANSA McAL Group for marketing purposes and to be kept informed about other products and service offerings which may be of benefit to me.